Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chimed, I'm sure





This is a slick mix of antique, vintage and vintage-style embellishments cold-fusion assembled to make this beautiful chime. Its many goodies include an antique bisque doll head excavated from sites in Germany where doll factories were bombed during World War II. The doll head is estimated to date back to c. 1870-1920. The chime also includes an antique bisque doll arm, a vintage outdoor faucet handle, a vintage spoon, an antique glass drawer knob and lots of other artful embellishments.

Well, folks, I have found a new passion. As if I needed to add yet another facet to my artistic pursuits! I so enjoyed making this chime in an awesome class by the prolific Erin Keck that I immediately began imaging how I could make more and can't wait to do it again!

Now that I'm back from Art & Soul, I am busy gathering all my doodads and trinkets and scouring online sites for more elements so I can get busy creating more of these chimes. Maybe I'll even put some up for sale eventually!

No comments: