Friday, August 22, 2008

Art in a bottle

Oh what fun! I've received an official "Message in a Bottle," a real water bottle chock full of art goodies!

Here's what was in mine:

*A selection of text in foreign languages, including what looks like Swedish, French, Arabic, Russian and Japanese.
*Joss papers
*An ATC from Lisa Vollrath
*Colorful popsicle sticks
*A glassine envelope filled with awesome genuine cigar labels!
*Four bamboo domino-shaped beads
*Four miniature playing cards
*Some chunky embellishments such as flowers, paper clips and a plastic key.



My bottle came from Lisa Vollrath over at Go Make Something. To read about the cool pay-it-forward bottle swap, read Lisa's description on these plastic mailgrams. I'll be sending out my bottles soon!

If you would like to be included as a potential recipient of one of my bottles, please e-mail me your name and address (my e-mail link is on the upper right side of this blog). I'm looking for artsy people to participate, as you would be able to reciprocate the sort of ephemera and embellishments that fellow artists would enjoy. Let me know!
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I was too late to sign up with Lisa and I would love to pass forward some very fun bottles filled with creative trinkets, papers and art.

Cafe Artiste said...

Hi Carolyn - I am happy to add you to my bottle swap list. You are my first sign-up, so you'll be included in my first round of bottles going out next week.

Thanks!
~Andrea

Anonymous said...

How fun is that?!