Saturday, March 23, 2013

A colorful mask: Art & Soul project


The left eye has a mirror behind it and behind the right eye is a dangling light bulb. The copper plate on the nose says "Journey." The eyebrows are made from a broken necklace I found at a thrift shop. She also has fiber eyelashes.

Art & Soul sent me this papier mache mask as an optional project to bring to the Kansas City retreat next month. I wasn't sure if I could complete this, but once I got started, I couldn't stop.

They will display everyone's masks and I have the option to put mine up for sale or not, so I'll be thinking about whether to do that and how much I would charge for this (I have no idea!). My  husband didn't want me to sell it because he wants it, then he said if I sold it, I could just make him another one, LOL.

No comments: