Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So much art, so little time...

Perhaps this time piece I created earlier this month at Jo's will help remind me to make more time for art. I'm so busy, art has taken a back seat recently to all my other priorities. Which is a shame, considering that art helps ground me and bring peace to my otherwise hectic life.



This clock is made out of a little tin lunch box -- about 4 inches by 3 inches. It was primed with Killz before I splotched on acrylic paints to give it an antiqued look. Others dabbed on alcohol inks, which I did use for the clock hands to dull some of the shininess.

The swirls and stuff are from a rubber stamp and some rub-ons. The BINGO card is a cut-out. The clock numbers are on little round pieces of wood, on which I stamped the numbers. Some artists used Scrabble tiles.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the clock! Did you make the valentine's card you gave me?

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Wonderful work! Keep up the inspiration! :)

Cheers! Moni.

Mónica Zúñiga said...

You are invited to my blog give away! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this clock! You make me want to jump into this world of art...Mom would love it. You're an amazing lady, I'm so glad your my cousin.

Beck

Cafe Artiste said...

Thanks Becky! You are so sweet. We haven't seen one another in ages. We'll have to remedy that soon!